Charlotte, NC Crawl Space Vapor Barrier
Charlotte, North Carolina is the most populous city in the entire state. It has many exciting attractions including, the Narroway Theatre, the Nascar Hall of Fame, and the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. These attractions, not to mention beautiful weather are what makes it a very attractive place to live.
But there is a dark side…
Residents of the Charlotte, NC area have to deal with humidity the moisture problems that go with it. Installing a crawl space vapor barrier is the first line of defense when it comes to protecting the underside of your home from the damaging effects of a long term wet crawl space.
At Fresh Air, it’s our mission to make sure that your musty crawlspace is transformed into a cleaner, drier, healthier, and more energy-efficient environment. A Fresh Air professionally installed crawl space vapor barrier is an important and cost effective way to protect your home from damages caused by high humidity. Our services are available in Charlotte and surrounding areas. Interested in a free crawl space vapor barrier quote? Call 704-270-2721 or e-mail us today!
Why Install a Crawl Space Vapor Barrier?
Many of the crawl space calls we receive report one or more of these symptoms:
- Frozen water lines
- Living areas feel damp and musty
- Rooms are difficult to keep comfortable
For more reasons why you need vapor barrier in yoru crawlspace, read this article. If your Charlotte area home has any of these symptoms, it’s a good idea to schedule a vapor barrier appointment.
Steps to Installing A Crawl Space Vapor Barrier
- Install Airtight Covers: Sealing your crawl space doors and vents stops the cycle of cold, humidity and moisture entering from the outside air. Covers, however, do not stop water from entering your crawlspace.
- Remove Any Water Sources: Once the covers are on, remove any sources of water in your crawl space by installing a crawl space drain. This eliminates flooding water from your crawl space, but moisture can still enter directly through the concrete and floor in the form of water vapor.
- Encapsulate: To stop moisture from passing through your floors and walls, a crawl space vapor barrier should be installed.
- Install A Dehumidifier: Installing an energy-efficient, self-draining crawl space dehumidifier will keep your space dry. This ensures that your crawl space is protected from mold, dust mites, and mildew damage.
Benefits of Installing a Crawl Space Vapor Barrier System:
- Better control in room temperature: The moisture in your crawl space can affect the temperature in your home. The moisture in your crawl space absorbs all the warmth from your house, or it keeps it from escaping. Utilizing a vapor barrier system helps to seals these spaces, helping you control the temperature in your home.
- Prevents mold: Dampness and moisture in your crawl space create the ideal environment for mold growth. Having a crawl space vapor barrier system helps to reduce the chance of mold growth.
- Energy-saving: As high moisture levels in crawl spaces change the temperature inside your home, your electricity bills rise because more electricity is being used to keep the temperature even. Installing a crawl space vapor barrier system will act as a sealant by controlling the moisture levels, making your home more energy-efficient, and lowering your energy costs.
- Protecting the pipes: A crawl space vapor barrier system can prolong the life of your pipes. If there is moisture in your crawl space and gets to your pipes, they’ll likely start rusting and break. Installing a vapor barrier system keeps your pipes dry – which means fewer repair costs to have to worry about.
About The Fresh Air Technologies
Are you looking for quality vapor barrier installation in the Charlotte, NC area? Here at Fresh Air Technologies, our experts have extensive knowledge on installing vapor barriers in crawl spaces. Our team is committed to spending as much as time as needed to complete the job in your home in the Charlotte, North Carolina area.
For over 16 years, Fresh Air Technologies has been providing high quality vapor barrier services to Charlotte area homeowners. Jay Lanzy, Principal Owner of Fresh Air Technologies, is an experienced Environmental Geologist with over 20 years of environmental consulting experience.
Call our experts at 704-270-2721 to get your FREE estimate for your crawl space vapor barrier service today!