Do You Need a Professional Mold Removal?

August 17th, 2018
Image_1.jpeg

Have you noticed mold on the walls or around the windows? Wonder how it got there? Even though it can be tempting to remove it yourself, it's better to call a pro.

Indoor mold growth is a common problem in most buildings. It usually occurs during the fall and winter months and can last forever. The spores are capable of spreading all around the house, from books and walls to clothes and DVDs.

Studies have linked mold exposure to sinus problems, impaired immune function, neurological damage, and allergic reactions. It's not uncommon to hear about people who developed pneumonia after inhaling mold for weeks in a row.

Professional mold removal is a safe, convenient way to eliminate these issues. Although it comes at a price, you'll save a fortune on medical bills. Let's take a closer look at the effects on mold on health and what to do about it!

The Hidden Dangers of Mold

Asthma attacks, itching eyes, sneezing, and coughing have one thing in common: they're often caused by exposure to mold. No matter where you live or how clean your home is, you may still have mold spores floating around in the air.

These microscopic fungi thrive in damp areas. Basements, walls, and sinks are just a few to mention. Everyday activities, such as cooking, cleaning, and bathing, can cause dampness in the air and attract mold.

For some people, inhaling mold spores can trigger severe allergic reactions, such as rashes and difficulty breathing. Children, seniors, and individuals with a weak immune system are particularly vulnerable.

There are different types of mold, and each has unique characteristics. Green mold, for instance, has been linked to a higher risk of bronchitis and sinus infections. Black mold produces mycotoxins that may cause frequent coughing, fatigue, headaches, stomach pain, and even memory loss.

According to a 2012-study, babies and children exposed to mold are more likely to develop asthma in adulthood. Other studies indicate that mold may lead to brain damage, seizures, and hallucinations in the long run.

DIY vs. Professional Mold Removal

Considering these facts, it's no wonder why mold removal should be a priority for any homeowner. Mold affects not just your house, but your health too.

Nowadays, there are thousands of products designed to eliminate mold spores and keep them from spreading. Unfortunately, mold mitigation isn't that simple.

First of all, some types of mold are highly toxic. If you try to remove them yourself, you may experience severe allergic reactions. This job requires special equipment and expert knowledge.

Additionally, many homeowners fail to remove mold properly. Common mistakes, such as using bleach for mold cleanup, can make things worse. Plus, there is always the risk of cross-contamination.

Mold removal products can help, but the results are temporary. Most formulas are too weak to kill mold spores. Even if your walls or carpets look clean, they may still carry spores that are not visible to the naked eye.

Professional mold removal, on the other hand, produces lasting results and can tackle the toughest mold. Those who offer these services know how to identify and remove the different types of indoor mold. They use cutting-edge equipment and quality formulas that are proven to work.

Contact a Mold Professional

Indoor mold is a serious problem that shouldn't be taken lightly. Sometimes, it can occur inside the walls or other areas where you might not even notice it.

Don't wait until it's too late! Mold can damage your belongings and take a toll on your health. Look for professional mold removal in your area to get the job done by a specialist.

Contact us today for a free inspection! Our experts will assess your indoor air, check for any signs of mold, and recommend the best course of action.