Professional Charlotte Crawl Spaces & Residential Foundation Waterproofing
Moisture seepage through a foundation wall and/or standing water in the crawl space can cause frustrating problems for the homeowner. A flooded crawl space can result in indoor air quality issued that can be both immediate and long term. If you need Charlotte waterproofing services, please contact Fresh Air Technologies today to assist with your Charlotte crawl spaces!
With the normal lifespan of the typical home foundation waterproofing estimated at ten years, you can easily understand how crawl space moisture intrusion problems can develop. It is always a good practice to address water in the crawl space before beginning a mold remediation project. Without correcting these issues, mold has a high probability of growing back. A reputable mold removal company would never undertake a job without properly addressing the moisture intrusion issue as a part of the overall solution.
What are some of the moisture related issues associated with wet Charlotte crawl spaces?
- High relative humidity, which can produce surface condensation, mildew and mold fungi, musty odors, and an unhealthful environment which can cause or aggravate respiratory problems.
- Deterioration of floor joists, beams, subflooring, insulation, and electrical-mechanical systems
- Excessive moisture can eventually penetrate the subflooring and buckle the flooring or cause warping, making doors and cabinets difficult to close or open.
- Since crawl space dampness always moves toward the drier upstairs areas, higher humidity will result in costlier heating and air conditioning bills. Wet crawl space insulation sags under the weight of the water losing R-value, the heating and air conditioning costs are driven even higher.
- Difficult to gain safe access for inspecting, maintaining, and servicing electrical circuits, drains and water lines, heating and air conditioning, and other utilities. leading to delayed maintenance issues.
- Wet basement and crawl spaces reduce the value of the house by at least by the amount that would be required to repair the damage and to eliminate the cause of the problem.
What are some common ways that moisture can penetrate into my Charlotte crawl spaces?
- The easiest way is the natural transmission of water vapor from the ground surface into a crawl space without vapor barrier protection.
- Every home should have proper gutter extensions that route water away from the building. Watch for downspouts that discharge rain water directly against the foundation wall.
- Aim irrigation system away from foundations.
- Periodically inspect crawlspaces for plumbing leaks and after substantial rainfall events.
Our trained moisture intrusion specialists take a common sense approach to solving problems associated with Charlotte crawl spaces’ flood problems. Each Charlotte waterproofing solution is site specific and tailored directly to fit the need of the client. We are not a franchise or a company that pushes a "one product fits all" solution. We have the knowledge and skills to fix each home foundation waterproofing problem with the best method and product available.
Charlotte Crawl Space Drain & Foundation Crawl Space Waterproofing Services
- Crawl Space Drain Installation
- Crawl Space Dehumidifier Installation
- Sump Pump Installation
- Interior French Drain Installation
- Home Foundation Waterproofing
- Wet Crawl Space Repair