Crawlspace Check-Up & Equipment Maintenance Report
It is time to schedule your Carefree Crawlspace Check-Up Inspection and Equipment Maintenance Report!
Properly observing and maintaining the environment within your crawlspace ensure years of improved indoor air quality, the continued structural integrity of building components, and an overall peace of mind in knowing what is actually happening down there without the need to venture inside. Here is what is included in the plan:
- Upon arrival, our technician will inspect the crawlspace for any issues that may negatively affect the indoor air quality of the home. Parameters include the observation of plumbing leaks, evidence of new moisture intrusion, insect or vermin infestation, evidence of contractor damage to crawl space components, and any other information that may be of interest to the homeowner. Any red flags will be documented with a photograph and noted on the Crawlspace Check-Up Report.
- Ambient temperature and relative humidity readings will be collected outside of crawlspace to develop a baseline for comparison analysis.
- Ambient temperature, wood moisture, and relative humidity readings will be collected in several areas of the crawlspace to evaluate the effectiveness of the moisture abatement controls that are in place.
The following additional inspection parameters will apply depending on the method of moisture control deployed within your crawlspace:
- Dehumidifier Check-Up – The technician will check for the correct operation of the equipment and the effluent is properly discharging in the designated location. Technician will observe complete dehumidification cycle and adjust the controls for seasonality. The air filter will be replaced and a pro-biotic coil cleaner will be applied to the coil to ensure optimal dehumidifier efficiency.
- Sump Pump Check-Up – The technician will observe the correct operation of the sump pump by pouring water into the sump basin to activate the pump. The switch location will be adjusted as necessary to ensure proper operation, a complete pump cycle will be observed, and proper effluent discharge be notated.
- Sealed Crawlspace Checkup – The liner will be inspected for rips, tears, and other contractor damage. Moderated repairs will be made at no charge. The method of conditioning will be adjusted for seasonality. The fresh air intake will be inspected and cleared as necessary.
Carefree Crawl Space Check-Up Email Report – Prepare and email your site specific Crawlspace Check-Up Report that details our findings and schedule the next visit.
The total cost of this service is $89.00 per visit. Sometimes out of site equals out of mind and the last place you might be thinking of is that dark space under your feet. Let Fresh Air take the worry from you and let us properly manage the environment within your crawlspace! We truly make it Carefree!
To schedule this service or to have questions answered please email or call our office a call at 704-622-7877. Please note you do not need to be home for this service to be completed.