Jay Lanzy Featured in Holmes Magazine!
Fresh Air Technologies was featured on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition when we helped lend a hand to the King family in Charlotte! We also have contributed in Angie’s List Magazine in the Ask a Pro section about proper HVAC system cleaning methods.
Jay Lanzy, president of Fresh Air Technologies was featured in an article on how to select the right remediation contractor for your mold removal and mold remediation services in the April issue of Holmes Magazine.
The publishers of Holmes Magazine contacted Jay Lanzy to provide insight on what questions need to be asked to the references that are provided by the remediation contractor you want to hire. A copy of the text from the Holmes magazine is listed below: Fresh Air Technologies is excited to be featured in Holmes Magazine!
Mold Removal Q&A
Question: I have water damage and mold from a leaky toilet in the hardwood floor and the subfloor of a half bath. I am in the process of checking references for the mold remediation/repair company I am hiring. What sort of questions should I ask when I speak to the references?
Answer: Here are the questions you should consider asking:
- Did the company advocate the use of a third party inspection company to prepare a site-specific Remediation Protocol and Post Remediation Verification testing (PRV)? A company that understands this relationship is not afraid to have their work inspected by a professional hired by the client. Ask if the company passed the PRC testing on the first try? A good company prides itself on passing the PRV on the first and only time.
- If an independent tester is not used, politely ask why the reference chose not to. This question may be a bit personal (It may be due to budget issues), but can demonstrate a level of trust in the remediator that a third party inspector was not needed to safely remediate the problem. (Note: Fresh Air always advocates third party testing.)
- Was the company helpful in identifying / repairing the moisture intrusion issue that caused the mold problem? The moisture problem here in the above referenced question is obvious, but most of the time it might not be that easy. The first step in any mold abatement project is to solve the underlying moisture problem even before the abatement begins. The same area can easily re-amplify mold if the moisture problem is allowed to continue.
- Ask what their equipment / vehicles looked like. Dirty equipment may be an indication of potential cross contamination and quality of work. Was the equipment previously on a job with a serious mold problem?
President, Member Manager
Fresh Air Technologies, LLC
Fresh Air Technologies Featured on ABC’s Extreme Makeover – Home Edition
Recently, Fresh Air Technologies was featured on Extreme Makeover – Home Edition. We were extremely fortunate to receive such exposure for our company for its indoor air quality and crawlspace mold removal and mold remediation services. We are thankful to all those who have expressed their excitement and joy. We do appreciate all of you very much.
Read more about Fresh Air Technologies’ Charlotte air quality and mold removal on the Extreme Home Makeover show!
John & Dave – Home Improvement Show
Here is a list of stations that our Radio ads are featured on:
- 960 AM Charlotte, Mathews, Gastonia NC
- 105.7 FM Rock Hill, SC.
- 820 AM Salt Lake City, Provo, Utah
- 99.3 FM Boone, IA.
- 97.3 FM Richmond, VA.
- 590 AM Richmond, Petersburg, VA.
- 830 AM Greensboro, Winston Salem, High Point
- 97.7 FM Winston Salem, NC.
- 102.9 FM High Point, NC
- 1030 AM Raleigh, Durcham, Chapel Hill, NC.
- 105.7 FM Raleigh, NC.
- 105.5 FM Durham, NC
Ray Terry – About Your House
Click on the links below to listen:
Aeroseal | Moisture | Solar Attic Fan | Solar Attic Fan 2